Dragon Slayer Academy
Welcome to Dragon Slayer Academy, if you're a member please login, if not you're welcome to register and become part of the family.
Latest topics
» Fan-fiction
Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 pm by climax6969

» Was Goku vs Superman a fair call?
Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:31 am by axle4222

» Coming back to check....
Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 am by Claire Farron

» Jeffrey's Scroll of the Slayer
Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:06 pm by Xia Byusa

» Till Next time...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:25 pm by Jeffrey the Turtle

» Legion of One
Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:20 am by Claire Farron

» Koalaman's Eucalyptus Leaf of Enlightenment
Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:36 am by Ryze

» My created synchro deck, need help?
Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm by xavouine

» Digtal World! Beatdown!
Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:55 am by Ralph Knight

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Koalaman108 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:17 pm

So, as I no longer play Competitive Yu Gi Oh ( I quit 2 years ago for several reasons, none of which being a low skill level), I pass my duelling time making fun decks to use in casual games, but every now and again a friend from when I did play competitive wants to play, and I want to make a fun deck that'll be fun to use against him, without being meta.

So I looked online a little and made a Clear World deck thats pretty fun. I believe it still needs twaeking and am looking for input.

Total Cards: 41

Monster Cards: 16

2 Clear Vice Dragon
3 Masked Dragon
2 Red-Eyes Wyvern
1 Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
3 Totem Dragon
2 Dodger Dragon
2 Malefic Stardust Dragon

Spell Cards: 12

3 Clear World
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Trade-In
2 Terraforming
1 Monster Reborn
1 Foolish Burial

Trap Cards: 12

2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Judgement
1 Solemn Warning
2 Starlight Road
2 Magic Cylinder
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Call of the Haunted

Extra Deck: 10 (I am very new to XYZ so I'll need recommendations)

3 Stardust Dragon
2 Number 39: Utopia
2 Steelswarm Roach
1 Leviathan Dragon
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon


Last edited by Koalaman108 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Koalaman108
Dragon Summoner
Dragon Summoner

Posts : 203
Cash : 417
Join date : 2013-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Claire Farron on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:16 pm

just a thought, but maybe the elemental dragons might be of some help?
im sry if you're trying to avoid them, but they do have some synvergy with clear world

_________________

avatar
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Posts : 123
Cash : 149
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 25
Location : Bodhum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by !ygo! on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 pm

this deck can't be competitive
just do what the purple guy said unless u only want to do tcg

!ygo!
Plebe
Plebe

Posts : 28
Cash : 40
Join date : 2013-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Koalaman108 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:14 pm

!ygo! wrote:this deck can't be competitive
just do what the purple guy said unless u only want to do tcg

If you actually READ what i wrote you'll see that I said i don't play comp anymore. I used to but stopped because I hated the direction the metagame was going.
avatar
Koalaman108
Dragon Summoner
Dragon Summoner

Posts : 203
Cash : 417
Join date : 2013-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Koalaman108 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Seraphim wrote:just a thought, but maybe the elemental dragons might be of some help?
im sry if you're trying to avoid them, but they do have some synvergy with clear world

I am rather unfamiliar with elemental dragons. Could you recommend any specific ones?
avatar
Koalaman108
Dragon Summoner
Dragon Summoner

Posts : 203
Cash : 417
Join date : 2013-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Jeffrey the Turtle on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Koalaman108 wrote: "I no longer play Competitive Yu Gi Oh," "I pass my dueling time making fun decks to use in casual games," "I want to make a fun deck that'll be fun to use against him"

!ygo! wrote:this deck can't be competitive
just do what the purple guy said unless u only want to do tcg

ygo, it's like your trying to be complete asshole now. I thought that maybe before you just acted kinda rude but didn't really mean any harm but here, you're either trying to be an asshole or didn't even read his post, not cool.

_________________
avatar
Jeffrey the Turtle
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Posts : 103
Cash : 131
Join date : 2013-03-05
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by !ygo! on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Jeffrey the Turtle wrote:
Koalaman108 wrote: "I no longer play Competitive Yu Gi Oh," "I pass my dueling time making fun decks to use in casual games," "I want to make a fun deck that'll be fun to use against him"

!ygo! wrote:this deck can't be competitive
just do what the purple guy said unless u only want to do tcg

ygo, it's like your trying to be complete asshole now. I thought that maybe before you just acted kinda rude but didn't really mean any harm but here, you're either trying to be an asshole or didn't even read his post, not cool.
I dont know what u are talking about he said that he quit playing competitively 2 years ago
yes i know that
however he did not include information which made me conclude that he came back to it he said that i hate where the meta is going
STOP TRY TO BE SO MEAN TO ME PURPLE GUY Sad

!ygo!
Plebe
Plebe

Posts : 28
Cash : 40
Join date : 2013-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Ryze on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:49 pm

!ygo! wrote:
Jeffrey the Turtle wrote:
Koalaman108 wrote: "I no longer play Competitive Yu Gi Oh," "I pass my dueling time making fun decks to use in casual games," "I want to make a fun deck that'll be fun to use against him"

!ygo! wrote:this deck can't be competitive
just do what the purple guy said unless u only want to do tcg

ygo, it's like your trying to be complete asshole now. I thought that maybe before you just acted kinda rude but didn't really mean any harm but here, you're either trying to be an asshole or didn't even read his post, not cool.
I dont know what u are talking about he said that he quit playing competitively 2 years ago
yes i know that
however he did not include information which made me conclude that he came back to it he said that i hate where the meta is going
STOP TRY TO BE SO MEAN TO ME PURPLE GUY Sad

Ok, I've sat by and watched some of the things you have posted in the hopes that your attitude would change, but Ygo, some of the things you post are just borderline Trolling. You either don't think before you post something, you don't verify whether or not what your about to say is true, and you complain when the admins get on your case for posting in this manner. You don't seem to really have any respect for Jeffery, Sera, or Byusa, so lets see if you'll listen to me. Watch what you post, please. I don't want to have to discipline you, but if you keep going on like this, I will have to.

_________________


A message lost to time
everything must grow old and Die
and though time will mend
All good things must end

From a War God to a King of Hell, here's to you.
avatar
Ryze
Plebe
Plebe

Posts : 115
Cash : 148
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : The Dragon Ravine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by !ygo! on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Roxas wrote:
!ygo! wrote:
Jeffrey the Turtle wrote:
Koalaman108 wrote: "I no longer play Competitive Yu Gi Oh," "I pass my dueling time making fun decks to use in casual games," "I want to make a fun deck that'll be fun to use against him"

!ygo! wrote:this deck can't be competitive
just do what the purple guy said unless u only want to do tcg

ygo, it's like your trying to be complete asshole now. I thought that maybe before you just acted kinda rude but didn't really mean any harm but here, you're either trying to be an asshole or didn't even read his post, not cool.
I dont know what u are talking about he said that he quit playing competitively 2 years ago
yes i know that
however he did not include information which made me conclude that he came back to it he said that i hate where the meta is going
STOP TRY TO BE SO MEAN TO ME PURPLE GUY Sad

Ok, I've sat by and watched some of the things you have posted in the hopes that your attitude would change, but Ygo, some of the things you post are just borderline Trolling. You either don't think before you post something, you don't verify whether or not what your about to say is true, and you complain when the admins get on your case for posting in this manner. You don't seem to really have any respect for Jeffery, Sera, or Byusa, so lets see if you'll listen to me. Watch what you post, please. I don't want to have to discipline you, but if you keep going on like this, I will have to.
I dont know why u r so mean to me
I didnt do anything wrong i am veyr nice to people
im not complaining im just saying i misunderstood
please try to understand the situation

!ygo!
Plebe
Plebe

Posts : 28
Cash : 40
Join date : 2013-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Ryze on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:55 pm

!ygo! wrote:
Roxas wrote:
!ygo! wrote:
Jeffrey the Turtle wrote:
Koalaman108 wrote: "I no longer play Competitive Yu Gi Oh," "I pass my dueling time making fun decks to use in casual games," "I want to make a fun deck that'll be fun to use against him"

!ygo! wrote:this deck can't be competitive
just do what the purple guy said unless u only want to do tcg

ygo, it's like your trying to be complete asshole now. I thought that maybe before you just acted kinda rude but didn't really mean any harm but here, you're either trying to be an asshole or didn't even read his post, not cool.
I dont know what u are talking about he said that he quit playing competitively 2 years ago
yes i know that
however he did not include information which made me conclude that he came back to it he said that i hate where the meta is going
STOP TRY TO BE SO MEAN TO ME PURPLE GUY Sad

Ok, I've sat by and watched some of the things you have posted in the hopes that your attitude would change, but Ygo, some of the things you post are just borderline Trolling. You either don't think before you post something, you don't verify whether or not what your about to say is true, and you complain when the admins get on your case for posting in this manner. You don't seem to really have any respect for Jeffery, Sera, or Byusa, so lets see if you'll listen to me. Watch what you post, please. I don't want to have to discipline you, but if you keep going on like this, I will have to.
I dont know why u r so mean to me
I didnt do anything wrong i am veyr nice to people
im not complaining im just saying i misunderstood
please try to understand the situation

Ygo, this is your last warning. This is what you do every time you are reprimanded. You play victim, act like it's the staff's fault, and then you have the audacity, to literally tell me right now, that I don't understand the situation. For that last part, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, because I don't know in what tone you are telling me to do so, but as for the rest of it, accept that we know what we are doing, step off when we tell you that you are not following the rules, and please, try to understand the situation yourself.

_________________


A message lost to time
everything must grow old and Die
and though time will mend
All good things must end

From a War God to a King of Hell, here's to you.
avatar
Ryze
Plebe
Plebe

Posts : 115
Cash : 148
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : The Dragon Ravine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Koalaman108 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:11 am

Does anyone have any constructive criticism regarding the deck?
avatar
Koalaman108
Dragon Summoner
Dragon Summoner

Posts : 203
Cash : 417
Join date : 2013-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Ryze on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Koalaman108 wrote:Does anyone have any constructive criticism regarding the deck?


I think I might have some. How do you plan to get your Totems and Wyverns in to the grave without setting them and waiting for them to get killed or blown up?

_________________


A message lost to time
everything must grow old and Die
and though time will mend
All good things must end

From a War God to a King of Hell, here's to you.
avatar
Ryze
Plebe
Plebe

Posts : 115
Cash : 148
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : The Dragon Ravine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Koalaman108 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:07 pm

I guess by tributing, sending to grave with foolish or by XYZing.
I have never really worked with dragons, so im unfamiliar with a lot of their tech.

_________________


Gen 1 Team

Gen 2 Team
avatar
Koalaman108
Dragon Summoner
Dragon Summoner

Posts : 203
Cash : 417
Join date : 2013-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Sora on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:00 pm

If you're going to use a dragon deck that requires you to have specific dragons in the grave you need 2 or 3 Dragon ravines and 1 terraforming, this let's you control what you have in your grave with ease.

_________________
avatar
Sora
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Posts : 97
Cash : 193
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile http://dslayer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Claire Farron on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:50 am

all of them, along with their baby dragons, they're easy to search and easy to summon, and with a eclipse wyvern you can search clear vice dragon out with ease

_________________

avatar
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Posts : 123
Cash : 149
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 25
Location : Bodhum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Sora on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:45 pm

I've taken a thorough look at your deck and there are cards you can do without that you would find better replacements for, I notice you have 2 terraforming and 2 magic cylinders. I would sub out the 4 of them for 3 dragon ravine, and 1 terraforming. I also noticed that you run double call of the haunted. Don't run call, you have red-eyes as your reviver, now what I suggest you un in place of COTH is burial from the D.D. and pot of avarice, reasons being are that if you manage to lose red-eyes, you ca simply put the cards you need to summon him back in the grave with burial, and then back in the deck with POA and get a +1 off of it. If you have Dragon Ravine on the field this combination works tremendously well. Also take out all of your mirage dragons and add in Eclipse Wyverns. Malefic Stardust will kill your ability to attack so take him out and add in one Light and Darkness Dragon and one Gorz. Then take out your Dodger Dragon and add in 2 Tempest Elemental Dragon of Cyclones. Also remove both your trade-in and 2 Mst and add in heavy storm 2 delta flyer and add 2 Effect veilers. The deck will Have 42 cards but it will be well worth it.

_________________
avatar
Sora
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Posts : 97
Cash : 193
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile http://dslayer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing around with an idea. Would appreciate input.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum