Dragon Slayer Academy
Welcome to Dragon Slayer Academy, if you're a member please login, if not you're welcome to register and become part of the family.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Slayer Academy
Welcome to Dragon Slayer Academy, if you're a member please login, if not you're welcome to register and become part of the family.
Dragon Slayer Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Fan-fiction
General Pokemon Battling Help Thread EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 pm by climax6969

» Was Goku vs Superman a fair call?
General Pokemon Battling Help Thread EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 12:31 am by axle4222

» Coming back to check....
General Pokemon Battling Help Thread EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 am by Claire Farron

» Jeffrey's Scroll of the Slayer
General Pokemon Battling Help Thread EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:06 pm by Xia Byusa

» Till Next time...
General Pokemon Battling Help Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:25 pm by Jeffrey the Turtle

» Legion of One
General Pokemon Battling Help Thread EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:20 am by Claire Farron

» Koalaman's Eucalyptus Leaf of Enlightenment
General Pokemon Battling Help Thread EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:36 am by Ryze

» My created synchro deck, need help?
General Pokemon Battling Help Thread EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm by xavouine

» Digtal World! Beatdown!
General Pokemon Battling Help Thread EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:55 am by Ralph Knight

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

General Pokemon Battling Help Thread

4 posters

Go down

General Pokemon Battling Help Thread Empty General Pokemon Battling Help Thread

Post by Xia Byusa Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:21 am

If you need any help concerning Pokemon, battles, and the random matchup for Pokemon simulators, feel free to post below. Honestly, that place is damn scary and the community's usually brutal if you don't know how to ask right. It's not as forgiving as DN, and even then DN's not the nicest place. So, upon request, I've made this thread as a place to ask questions or for help without being ridiculed by arrogant punks and trolls on the PO chat. In addition, I'll try to make an article concerning Pokemon battling once every 2 weeks. So don't be shy and ask away.
Xia Byusa
Xia Byusa
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Cash : 70

Back to top Go down

General Pokemon Battling Help Thread Empty Re: General Pokemon Battling Help Thread

Post by Cana Alberona Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 am

My question is regarding setting up a 3 on 3 battle team designed for 3 on 3 single battles, I've tried using pokemon like ferrothorn but 3 on 3 is too fast for me to really stall anyone out. Please help!
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Cash : 148

Back to top Go down

General Pokemon Battling Help Thread Empty Re: General Pokemon Battling Help Thread

Post by Xia Byusa Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:57 am

Cynthia wrote:My question is regarding setting up a 3 on 3 battle team designed for 3 on 3 single battles, I've tried using pokemon like ferrothorn but 3 on 3 is too fast for me to really stall anyone out. Please help!

Hm, tough first question. To start off, 3v3 battles for stalling are tough in general so kudos to you for trying. Basically, stall teams are about making sure all of your weaknesses are filled. That being said, you'll need to make use of all 6 possible pokemon and predict the opponent's team accordingly. So starting off with Ferrothorn, you'll need a Pokemon that covers the Fire Weakness and the Fighting Weakness as well as the Special Attack Weakness, since Ferrothorn has those. I'd suggest using Milotic since she has good Special Defense and takes Fire attacks easily. She can also rest to use Marvel Scale and boost her defense while asleep and you're stalling with Toxic or Leech Seed. Now that you have two Pokemon in mind, recheck your weaknesses, add another Pokemon to fix them, and keep going until you have a team of 6 and they're able to cover all weakness. You will also need to have a plan of damage, like Leech Seed or Toxic/Toxic Spikes. Or you can be that troll and set up a bunch of Hazards and force switches. However, you'll need several methods of damage if one doesn't work. Toxic won't work on Poison and Steel types, Leech Seed won't work on Grass-Types and Blissey and anything with Heal Bell/Aromatherapy might be your worst nightmare.

Once you have a team, you're ready for battle. At the battle startup, you're choosing Pokemon. Here's where it gets tricky, as you need to keep in mind the Pokemon you need for your plan of damage to be set up as well as the weakness you need to account for. Let's say that the other guy has a Tyranitar, a Scizor, a Garchomp, a Ferrothorn, an Excadrill, and a Metagross. Upon seeing their team, you need to predict their plan. This guy probably has a sandstorm team and plans to use Tyranitar. You'll need something to cover him, like a Pokemon with High defense and a resistance to Rock/Dark. Ferrothorn can cover that. Excadrill, Garchomp and Scizor are strong Pokemon and will take advantage of the time and will increase their attack stats through Swords Dance or something. Plan accordingly, like having a Pokemon that forces switching out or setting them on fire with Will-o-Wisp or another method of burning.

That was a very specific example, but nevertheless an example of what you should do. Stall teams are tough to perfect but amazing if done right. To reiterate, they're about covering all of your weaknesses and making sure that your opponent loses all ability to get an edge, whether by statusus like burn, sleep or poison, by tricking a choice item to a pokemon that can't possibly use it (stupid bitch blissey is screwed with any choice item), or by force switching with Roar or Dragon Tail. It'll be harder with 3 Pokemon, but you just need to figure out what they're going to use and counter it.
Xia Byusa
Xia Byusa
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:58 am

Post up a guide to battling in the OU tier
Sora
Sora
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Cash : 193

https://dslayer.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Koalaman108 Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:55 am

All I remember about Pokemon Battling is that Wobbafett is super over-powered.
I remember taking out a Mew, Mewtwo and a Dragonite in a row using just my Wobbafett.
Koalaman108
Koalaman108
Dragon Summoner
Dragon Summoner

Cash : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by Xia Byusa Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Sora wrote:Post up a guide to battling in the OU tier

Sorry this late but it's finished.
https://dslayer.rpg-board.net/t144-rudimentary-guide-to-battling-in-ou#485

Koalaman108 wrote:All I remember about Pokemon Battling is that Wobbafett is super over-powered.
I remember taking out a Mew, Mewtwo and a Dragonite in a row using just my Wobbafett.

wobbuffet's over-powered if you know how to use him and if your opponent really has no more options. If there's a Physical attacker, then survive a hit and use Counter. If you know they're going to use a non-attacking move, use Encore and set up for something else that will enjoy an extra few turns. However, wobbuffet dies to one taunt. That's the bottom line.
Xia Byusa
Xia Byusa
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down